River Action, Inc
Launch times: 7 a.m.—12 noon
Packet Pickup is at the TaxSlayer Center, 4-8pm, August 15
Registration is $30 through August 14; $35 after August 14.
Take part in the largest paddle on the Mississippi - Floatzilla! Experience the Mississippi River free of commercial barge traffic. All paddle crafts are welcome to participate, but only kayaks and canoes are allowed in Lock 15.
This year due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are changing some aspects of Floatzilla. Our most popular launch sites at Leach Park, Bass Street YMCA, and the Lindsay Park Yacht Club will have registrations limited to 400 paddlers, their launch windows are being expanded to four hours, and we will be assigning half hour launch windows to each group or paddler.
For more information on launch sites go to our launch maps page. Buses back to each launch site from Lake Potter will leave every half hour from 10am to 4pm.
The Lockmaster at Lock and Dam 15 will have ropes crossing the lock area this year so that paddlers can put six feet of distance between themselves and their neighbors.
We will also not be holding the World Record attempt at Lake Potter.
• Launch times have been expanded: 7 a.m.—12 noon.
• Face coverings are recommended when launching and exiting your boat.
• Life Jackets are required.
• Busing from Lake Potter will be expanded both in times and seating.
• Lake Potter will have food trucks, music, physically spaced tables throughout the park, but no traditional photo of the float.
• Packet Pickup on August 14, Tax Slayer Center, will feature expanded times (4-8pm), and drive up Packet Pick Up in the TaxSlayer Center parking lot at 1201 River Dr, Moline, IL 61265. Packets will be brought to your car by volunteers on site.
• Launch sites include:
1. Bass Street Landing 2. Leach Park 3. Lindsay Park Yacht Club 4. Marquette Street 5. Credit Island 6. Lake Potter
Registration is $30 through August 14; $35 after August 14. Registrants receive a 2020 Floatzilla t-shirt, entertainment at Lake Potter (think water fights) and free shuttle service back to launch points during the day.