Author, pastor, Bible publisher, and good friend Philip Nation joins us each Friday morning in the 7 am hour. Always so much to talk about with him. Anything on your heart regarding your life? Your walk with Jesus? Theology? Philip will meet you where you are. Pick up the phone and call or text in the 7 am hour.
Plus, a light-hearted look ahead to National Comfort Food Day!
Louise Howe shares GOOD PLANeT Foods' recipe for "Buffalo Cauliflower Bites"
● 1 head of cauliflower
● 1/2 cup water
● 1 cup all-purpose flour
● 2 tsp garlic powder
● 1/4 tsp salt
● 1/4 tsp ground pepper
● 1 cup Buffalo Hot sauce
1. Line baking sheet(s) with parchment paper or grease very well with oil. Preheat your oven to 400-425 degrees F depending on your oven.
2. Wash and cut the cauliflower head into bite-sized pieces/florets.
3. Mix the water/flour and spices in a medium mixing bowl. Mix until the batter is thick and is able to coat the cauliflower without dripping.
4. Dip the cauliflower in the batter. Shake off excess batter before placing cauliflower on the baking sheet. Lay the cauliflower single layer on the baking sheet.
5. Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown, flipping the florets over halfway through to get all sides golden brown and crispy.
6. Once the cauliflower is done its first bake, remove them from the oven and put all the baked florets into a mixing bowl with the wing sauce and toss to coat evenly.
7. Return cauliflower to the baking sheet and bake in the oven for another 10-15 minutes or until reached desired crispness.
Philip Nation is the Bible Publisher with Thomas Nelson. He frequently speaks at churches and conferences. A graduate of Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary (D.Min.), Philip has served as a pastor, church planter, and professor. As always, he's working on his next book.
Kurt Goff, co-host of Kurt and Kate Mornings, is a broadcasting veteran with a pastor's heart. He is a graduate of Texas Christian University and has more than 30 years of experience anchoring television news and hosting a variety of radio programs around the country. Upbeat and encouraging, Kurt has a passion for connecting people to God. He and his wife, Liz, have two sons.
Kate Bruington is the co-host of Kurt and Kate Mornings, Midday host, and can also be heard on Music for Sunday. Originally from East Hartford, Conn., Kate brings years of TV and radio experience to Moody Radio in Florida. She attended Boston Conservatory of Music and traveled the country singing before entering the broadcasting field. Kate's pastimes are reading and writing, and she currently spends much of her free time writing a novel. She has two daughters and two grandchildren.