June 20, 2018
Hour 1: Age of Crowns: Pursuing Lives Marked by the Kingdom of God
Although we live in a fallen world, we have great hope as our Creator has offered the gift of redemption and a time of indescribable blessings through the age to come (Mark 10). Join Eric and Audrey Mornings on Wednesday as they visit with Kori De Leon, author of a new book that offers scriptural encouragement, and personal and biblical stories that focus on our sacrificial King, the grand things coming soon, and pursuing righteousness. She shares elements of our King's desire to take us on a thrilling adventure alongside of Him!
Hour 2: Praying for the Immigration Situation
On Wednesday Morning Eric and Audrey talked about how we all could pray for the immigration situation, and here is the list of the prayer concerns that were compiled by the end of the Eric and Audrey Mornings show.
- Pray for our leaders who are deciding how to deal with this situation legislatively, that they would be just and impartial, coming together with a solution that is just for our country and its sovereign borders and humane, especially for the most vulnerable.
- Pray for the border patrol agents who are commissioned with the task of processing the people and families coming over our borders, for calm,for clear thinking, for patience, for strength.
- Pray for the agents who are specifically dealing with the children, for patience, kindness, compassion and God’s grace to care for and comfort the children in their care. Especially pray for the Christian agents who will bring Christ’s comfort and for the strengthening of their souls as they deal with such a difficult task.
- Pray for the children who are separated from their parents, that they would sense Christ’s presence and comfort, calming their fears and anxieties. Pray for their protection, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Pray that God would give grace to the older children who are caring for younger siblings.
- Pray for the parents who are separated from their children, that they would not fall into despair, and they would be strengthened in heart and spirit to persevere through the waiting process. Also pray that parents would make wise decisions about crossing the borders illegally as to not jeopardize their family’s wellbeing.
- Pray that those with evil intent, whether through human trafficking, drug trafficking or that any other nefarious activities would be thwarted at every turn and that these destructive plans would be brought to light.
- Pray for local churches and ministries in the areas most affected by the immigration situation. If they are able, that they would bring a cup of cold water in Jesus name and the hope of the Gospel where they are able, to speak God’s redemptive truth in this situation.
Below is the link that Eric provided from Wycliffe.org on "How to Pray Through the News".
IN THIS EPISODE
Kori De Leon
Kori De Leon
Kori De Leon is the founder of Adoring Christ Ministries, a teaching ministry devoted to reaching women through the local church, online resources, books, and speaking engagements.